Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So many things - so little time!

The title says it all really. There are many ideas, bands, concepts, artists I want to talk about/review/discuss and I just haven't had time to get on this blog and write anything in the last week or so.

So in just a quick little post, before I disappear to try and crack some shorthand, to point you in the direction of a few little bands I've been noticing recently (or watching carefully for some months). I hope to get some time to review/write about in general soon so this will provide my prompting list. In the mean time feel free to have a nose about on your own...

Sargasso Trio - From Norfolk, featured on Hot City Sounds album last summer along with other Norwich/Norfolk lovelies such as The Kabeedies, Bearsuit, The Neutrinos and Violet Violet. Baby, I'm Depraved has got me hooked and wanting more.

La Roux - catchy and getting some mainstream attention at the moment. NME and OMM and others have been tipping little Elly Jackson for big things in 2009. Single, In For The Kill has probably been chirping out of a radio near you recently.

And the others:
Lykke Li
Little Comets - Newcastle band. Make noises with a variety of things. Look out for One Night In October available to dl or buy from a shop now I do believe.
The Joy Formidable - flipping marvellous welsh lovelies who are a treat live.
Sam Issac - about to go on tour again.
Ladyhawke - has just/is just about to re-release Paris Is Burning
Polly Scattergood
Inner Party System
The Gentlemen
Emmy The Great

No comments:

Post a Comment